Integrated tourism in Ghana
Round trip “Discover Africa” – the programme:
After arrival, you may relax and take a breather at the beach on Sunday before you set out for our eleven-day trip as follows:
(Monday to Friday) along the West Coast to the famous fishing town of Elmina boasting an ancient Portuguese slave trade castle and to a small palm beach resort. Next day (Tuesday) to Kakum National Rainforest Park not far away: normally one “jungle night” in a well secured tree house, very early next morning a “Canopy Walk” over suspended walkways connecting giant rainforest trees and an informative hiking trail. Then further on to the harbour city of Takoradi, driving past large coconut and rubber tree plantations. Overnight stay in a beautiful hotel at Axim beach. On Thursday an excursion by canoe to Nzulezo, a village on stilts on the imposing Amansuri lake (day trip or eventually with overnight stay in a KASAPA-owned traditional stilt house). Back to Cape Coast on Friday; overnight stay in a comfortable guest house. In Cape Coast castle, you are able to also visit the museum displaying the Ghanaian history and an interesting crafts market.
A weekend visit to Mesomagor, a remote village of cocoa farmers (Saturday till Monday) follows. Here you can witness the peasants’ way of processing palm nuts, cassava and cocoa, can taste fresh palm-wine and watch a performance of the village’s traditional bamboo orchestra with dancers and story-telling during a lively, humorous traditional evening entertainment – village life at it’s best! After lunch on Monday we proceed to
Kumasi and surrounding areas: first to the magical and peaceful Bosomtwi crater-lake on the banks of which we’ll settle for the next three nights in a beautiful lodge. On the next day, we can relax at the lake or drive to Bonwire, a village of traditional weavers, and visit the traditional Fetish Shrine in Ejisu-Besease (UNESCO World Heritage Site). The day after will take us to Kumasi where we will have plenty of time to stroll through the immense and ever-busy Central Market (the largest in West Africa) and visit the Cultural Centre. On Thursday, we will drive back to KASAPA Centre.
On Friday you may have a sight-seeing tour of Accra or a “village tour” of the locally situated fishing community of Nyanyano, accompanied by a KASAPA local staff member, who can tell you everything about every-day life in his hometown: schools and the health post, the picturesque harbour with colourful fishing canoes, salt-ponds at the lagoon, pubs and the very old tree at the canoe-landing which relates to the founding myth of the community. – Transfer to the airport of Accra for your return flight on Saturday evening.
- Programme as described. Also viable for guests with disabilities. (Please, contact us before booking)
- Accommodation: in twin, double or (with surcharge) single rooms in KASAPA Centre resp. in comfortable hotels / lodges; 3 nights in rather modest village guesthouses; 1 night in a jungle tree house
- Board: half board or occasionally full board (including lunch) during excursion trips. If contacted before booking, we can make allowance for special dietary requests.
- Transport with a KASAPA-owned van; transfers from/to Accra airport
- All expenses for site-visits
- English or (eventually) German speaking tour guide, competent personnel at your service
- If you book through “Ghana-Reisen” (see below): compensation of greenhouse gas emissions caused by your air travel. More
- flights to/from Ghana
- visa for Ghana (currently 110,– €)
- private insurance policies
- unlisted meals, dessert after dinner (outside of KASAPA Centre)
- personal expenses, tips etc.
Minimum number of participants: four (with some additional charge also two or three), maximum: ten
Requirements: Despite tropical temperatures (usually between 27 – 22°) and high levels of air humidity, average physical condition will be sufficient. Important are flexibility and adaptability as everyday-life in Africa does not always go according to plans and expectations.
More information, contact: email@example.com